the detailed folders returning incorrect data

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Thu Jun 30 16:06:24 EDT 2016

On 30/06/2016 20:48, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> My understanding is that Windows lacks true POSIX file-system-level
> permissions as found in Linux and in Unix flavors like macOS.
>
> While it does have file attributes, I believe there is no
> file-system-level support for granting different rights to different
> users, and that the difference between users isn't managed in the file
> system, but in the OS layer above it.

The opposite is true.  The Windows filesystem has direct support for
fine-grained access control lists that provide very good support for
restricting many types of access to users and groups.  It's a system
that's actually considerable more powerful -- and subtle -- that POSIX
permissions and, as far as I'm aware, LiveCode doesn't currently support
accessing or manipulating that data at all.

                                             Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager