revUpdateGeometry throwing error

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:09:43 EDT 2016

Sometime after processing the open scripts for my main stack, but before
processing messages sent from there with "send0", there is an error thrown
by revUpdateGeometry.  As near as I can tell, its has to do with the
message box.

If I put

answer "!!!";breakppoint

at the beginning of the preOpenStack, the behavior doesn't manifest.

Otherwise,

whoops! 6/25/164:07 PM

1466896063910

lib: error occurred on line: 478

pParseError:

pExecutionError:

573,478,1,revUpdateGeometry

587,478,1

241,464,1,controlsExpand

353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Indy
7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/revmessagebox.rev"

573,93,1,controlsExpand

253,93,1

241,90,1,preOpenStack

353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Indy
7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/revmessagebox.rev"

context:

stack
"/Users/hawk/dhbk/16/1604/160404/dhLib.160404b.livecode",errorDialog,826

gets sent to the errorDialgo handler:

*on* errorDialog pExecutionError, pParseError

   cck  ("whoops! " & the date & the time & cr & the milliseconds & cr & cr
\

         & "lib: error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of
pExecutionError & cr & cr  \

               & "pParseError:" & cr & pParseError & cr & cr  \

         & "pExecutionError:" & cr & pExecutionError & cr & cr & "context:"
& cr & the executionContexts & cr)

where cck is a hack that dumps into a watch window.

I'm stumped; I've been fighting this all day.

After the error is thrown, all seems to work.

Note that now pParseError is sent by the engine . . .
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462