Refresh Data Grid not working in 8.1?

jameshale james at thehales.id.au
Sat Jun 25 11:03:36 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am currently updating the Data Grid docs to match the interface of LC 8 as
well as be available in the dictionary.

In doing the equivalent of the lesson  How do I display line numbers in a
table
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7329-how-do-i-display-line-numbers-in-a-table>
I am unable to get it to work.

It seems the "Refresh Data Grid" button doesn't.

The actual lesson instructions do work and setting the dgText as directed at
the end (adjusting for tab delimited column names) places the data in the
data grid with line numbers as required.

However I am unable to get anything to happen when I press the "Refresh Data
Grid" button as directed.

I am using a Mac and LC8.1DP1 and would really appreciate it is someone else
would try out this lesson and tell me if it works for them or does the
"Refresh Data Grid" button do nothing.

If the latter, time for a bug report.
If the former, well I don't want to think about that possibility just yet.

James