[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 38

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:35:03 EDT 2016

In North American English 'Focusing' is spelled 'focusing',

in British English 'Focussing' is spelt 'focussing'; and as long as we
all understand what
someone means by 'focusing/focussing' I cannot see any need for any
correxion/correction
however skeptical/sceptical I feel about this dialog/dialogue.

Peter Brett, at the risk of being wrong, seems to have been educated
somewhere within the British Isles, so, although Livecode tries to be
'cute' [there's an American word that gives me the dry boke]
with American English [c.f. backGroundColor], it is only natural for him
to spell it "focussing'.

This reminds me of my mother who often has faggots for lunch (she's from
the South West of English)
and nobody has ever accused her of being homophobic, or politically
incorrect. She has, from time to time, been known to look out of the
window at her rather spectacular garden and exclaim, " That's
looking rather gay." I should, perhaps, point out that no LGBT people
have been hurt making my
Mum's garden, nor does she have rainbow flags swathed across the runner
beans [oh, sorry; 'string beans"].

Richmond.