Windows 10 script editor problem

Devin Asay devinasay at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:10:30 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a student who is trying to run 8.1.0DP1 on her Windows 10 laptop. It installs and launches, and she can open a stack, but when she tries to open a script editor window, it does not appear. There is a tab for it on the task bar, but clicking on the tab doesn’t bring up the editor window. It’s almost like it’s invisible or off screen somewhere. I tried showing IDE windows in the View menu, and I can see it in the Project Manager list, but again, it won’t appear on the screen. Setting the visibility to true doesn’t help, neither does setting the loc to somewhere on screen.

Has anybody run into this with LC 8? Maybe there’s something about Windows 10 I don’t get, like some sort of virtual desktop, “Spaces” thing.

Any ideas appreciated.

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University