Probs related to the LC 8 dictionary on 64 bit Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:12:11 EDT 2016

Sorry; that title is a bit of a mouthful.

Ideally (there's another semantically dubious word) the dictionary
should be properly accessible
in Livecode 8.x on Linux 64 bit; but it's not, and will probably take a
while to sort that out.

3 days ago my operating system "went West", and I had to reinstall. This
was neither here nor there
beyond being a bit frustrating and taking up 4 hours of my time.

However; having reinstalled 64 bit Xubuntu 16.04 and Kernel 4.6.2 I
found that even on installing
the multi-arch "gubbins" I could not install the 32 bit version of
Livecode 8.0.1 - which I was trying
to install to get at the dictionary in a . . . relatively . . .
accessible fashion (i.e. via my web browser).

So, here I am with Livecode 8.0.1 Indy and unable to get at the
dictionary; even fossicking around in
the /home/.runrev/ directories didn't give me any file I could open
directly via Firefox . . .

Richmond.