[OT-ish] WWDC things of interest

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:17:18 EDT 2016

I second that emotion - (or is it third)

I've been harping  on about this for over a year now  - LiveCodeTowers
should be putting libraries and courses in the Indy and Business licence
that is useful to the Foxpro, Clipper,Delphi,Dbase,Paradox ,VB6, Omnis and
dare I say it Filemaker people.

Without wishing to flog a dead horse - you are trying to attract people to
write apps for IOS but they can't actually do that without an expensive
licence - oh its free but you can't write Apps for IOS or the Apple store.
Compare with "Here's a free car,  the windows work the horn works -
everything works all you need is an engine."

I would be mighty pissed to find out after I had spent hours learning to
"write Apps" I couldn't deploy my "Crappy Bird" clone that isn't gonna make
me any money anyway.

A developer who has clientele  for Business critical applications that
earns thousands will see the value. If you want everyone to learn to
program (whatever that means) they can do it with the free one  and then
they decide thats it's too expensive afterwards - you have still lost a
sale. I have 2 enterprise versions of B4A and B4I just incase there is
something I can't do in LIvecode - hasn't happened yet and I think when V8
is a little more progressed it probably won't but always have a plan B.

Now if you had 2 paid for options for IOS and Android - Separate versions )
at a commensurate price to Apples Developer Tax you would get the numbers
who would then have a chance of gravitating to the "Full Fat" version of
livecode.

Sorry I'm talking to myself again.

<RANT OFF>

Lagi