strange experience in Windows standalone with windowshape
bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:47:37 CEST 2016
Paul, I've seen this too. Launch a standalone and it doesn't show. I've
only seen this when using the browser widget as part of the build. (haven't
really used other widgets, so I can't speak for those) If I then go into
task manager and tell it to create a dump file for my application, poof..
it moves from background processes to apps and works fine, including the
browser widget. (I can also make it appear by choosing to debug)
Removing the widget, or not putting the check in the box for it in
standalone settings makes the app show up just fine. But of course without
a functional widget.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Klaus major-k <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> > Am 14.06.2016 um 16:48 schrieb Paul Dupuis <paul at researchware.com>:
> > On 6/14/2016 9:56 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> i have a stack with a "splash" screen which has an windowshape set.
> >> I has a script like this:
> >> on opencard
> >> wait 5 secs
> >> go next cd
> >> end opencard
> >> In a standalone on a Mac, everything works as exspected, on Windows
> >> I see NOTHING for 5 secs and then second card of this stack appear and
> >> the stack HAS the windowshape set!?
> >> Now if I remove the windowshape (set to 0 again), everything works as
> >> LC 8.01, Windows 7. Works also fine in the IDE!
> >> Anyone else seen this?
> > I have not seen this exact weirdness, but on Windows 8.x and 10 I have
> > seen other weirdness. For example, app which work fine in the IDE, but
> > when built as a standalone, the mainstack window never appears on launch
> > (like the exe is running with the -ui command line parameter as headless
> > or something) or the mainstack window only appears after a very long
> > while and usually after I am about to force quit it through the task
> > manager or have spent time interacting with other applications and it
> > finally (minutes later) appears in the background.
> > So far I have been unable to consistently get any of this weirdness
> > repeatable in a test case I could file a bug report on, but since
> > someone else has brought up the topic, I figured I'd respond with the
> > issue's I've seen.
> I was finally able to find a recipe, this will only happen under certain
> and reported this as a bug: <
> Klaus Major
> klaus at major-k.de
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
More information about the use-livecode