strange experience in Windows standalone with windowshape

Paul Dupuis paul at
Tue Jun 14 10:48:48 EDT 2016

On 6/14/2016 9:56 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:
> Hi all,
> i have a stack with a "splash" screen which has an windowshape set.
> I has a script like this:
> on opencard
>   wait 5 secs
>   go next cd
> end opencard
> In a standalone on a Mac, everything works as exspected, on Windows
> I see NOTHING for 5 secs and then second card of this stack appear and
> the stack HAS the windowshape set!?
> Now if I remove the windowshape (set to 0 again), everything works as advertised!?
> LC 8.01, Windows 7. Works also fine in the IDE!
> Anyone else seen this?

I have not seen this exact weirdness, but on Windows 8.x and 10 I have
seen other weirdness. For example, app which work fine in the IDE, but
when built as a standalone, the mainstack window never appears on launch
(like the exe is running with the -ui command line parameter as headless
or something) or the mainstack window only appears after a very long
while and usually after I am about to force quit it through the task
manager or have spent time interacting with other applications and it
finally (minutes later) appears in the background.

So far I have been unable to consistently get any of this weirdness
repeatable in a test case I could file a bug report on, but since
someone else has brought up the topic, I figured I'd respond with the
issue's I've seen.

More information about the Use-livecode mailing list