[OT-ish] WWDC things of interest

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:55:24 EDT 2016

The start of Apple’s WWDC was today. They announced a bunch of things. One of those was a rename to the OS, to be macOS instead of OS X , and they released the next version to developers (10.12 codename Sierra). I’m running that already!

I tested LiveCodes 5, 6, 7,and 8, and all seem to open ok.

The most interesting thing that was shown overlaps somewhat with what LiveCode is good for. Apple have a new app coming, called Swift Playgrounds. It’s free, and it’s meant for people learning programming. Here’s the info page on it:

http://www.apple.com/swift/playgrounds/