csvToText Repository

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 10 11:39:32 EDT 2016

Mike Kerner wrote:

 > It's on git.  I'm just keeping it and all the test cases together.
 > I think we're at v3 or v4.

I think we covered that a few months ago in a long thread here:

When we were first discussing the need for a CSV parser I proposed a
version named Csv2Tab.  The "2" there is not a version number, merely a
substitute for "to" which in some circles in the olden days was a common
convention for converter functions to make them stand out visually when
skimming lists of function names.

Later in that thread Alex named his "csv3Tab" and "csv4Tab", using the
middle numeral as a version number.

When I posted the article I used what was called at the time "Csv4Tab",
but renamed it to the original name that attempted (however poorly)
semantic meaning for the numeral portion rather than some sort of
embedded version number.

I can update the article to use a non-numeric name, but before I do it's
worth exploring that relative to whichever version you have on Github,
since there was at least one later version which appeared to be faster
but turned out to cover fewer edge cases.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems