hasMemory

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 10 11:27:44 EDT 2016

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > After spending part of a day playing around with LCB, I'm concluding
 > it's really not worth the effort. I got all excited seeing some of
 > what Dar's been turning out, but I can't see there's anything to gain
 > by turning a working library into an extension, and a lot of wasted
 > time to lose.

LC Builder is very exciting for the things that distinguish it:
providing a means of encapsulating custom controls in Widgets far more
cleanly for the end-user than is currently possible with groups, and for
accessing binary APIs from system components.

But like Kevin says, of the three options we have for writing code that
can be executed in LC (externals written in C, LC Builder, and LC
Script), LC Script is the fastest to develop in, so it remains an
excellent choice.

After all, LC Builder is not here to replace LC Script, but to augment it.

What's working well in LC Script should for the most part remain working
going forward, getting only better and ever more capable where LC
Builder can add things that may be needed.  But where LC Builder isn't
necessary LC Script is fine by itself.

LC Script is, after all, the primary language of LiveCode and the reason
we're all here.  It isn't going away.  Continue to enjoy it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems