[a bit OT] Apple Store

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jun 9 11:11:51 EDT 2016

> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556

I never thought 30% to be too high as generally speaking, any reseller will
expect between 20-30%.

Moving to a larger than 12 month subscription model means more revenue for
Apple. Customers who have subscriptions certainly would rather handle them
all through a single interface. For suppliers (that's you and me) who are
smart enough to have both Apple Store and non Apple Store sales, it would
make it less likely that a user would buy a first version from Apple and
then all subsequent versions directly from the vendor.

Also, strongly pushing a subscription model through all its channels makes
it easier to move Apple products to a subscription model. Even with Adobe
and Autodesk moving everything to subscription models, there are still a lot
of 'rebel scum' clinging to their old fashioned licensing models.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software
http://www.paradigmasoft.com