Clipboard access on mobile?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Thu Jun 9 06:09:51 EDT 2016

On 09/06/2016 11:01, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Is there any way to access the clipboard on mobile yet?
>
> My immediate need is just to read the contents of the clipboard , though
> in principle it would be useful to be able to write it as well.
>
> (I've got a small utility, and I'd like it to be able to inspect the
> clipboard when the app launches, and offer to do something useful if the
> contents are appropriate.)

Not at the moment, but it's on my "things that need to be done" list.

Adding iOS clipboard support probably wouldn't be extremely difficult,
because the API is very similar to the OS X API; I suspect it would be
possible to more-or-less copy & paste the relevant code and tweak it a bit.

Adding Android clipboard support would require a lot more work.

                                        Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager