Uninstalling Livecode

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:22:03 EDT 2016

On 8.06.2016 09:43, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On 08/06/2016 06:47, RM wrote:
>
>> If I dig into the /home/.runrev directory I can manually delete the
>> versions I don't want, but the
>> system still 'sees' those I have deleted, so they show up in the menu
>> system.
>>
>> Is there a way to remove all but the 8 versions I use (3.5, 4.0, 4.5,
>> 6.7.11, 7.14, 8.0.1, 8.0.2 rc-1 & 8.10) completely?
>
> Hi Richmond,
>
> Assuming that you never install for "All Users", then you can try
> something like:
>
>     find $HOME -iname 'livecode*.desktop'
>
> to list all of the .desktop files that LiveCode installs to make
> itself appear in your menu system.
>
> You can then manually delete the ones you no longer require.
>
> (I haven't actually tried this so some fudging around may be needed in
> order to make it work).
>
>                                Peter

To be honest 'find $HOME -iname 'livecode*.desktop'' didn't list much,
so I took the quick-n-dirty route
of deleting the folders from within /Home/.runrev/components/ . . .

and then manually deleting .desktop files the in
/Home/.local/share/application folder.

The most useful information was pointing out the .local folder to me!

Richmond.