"LiveCode Infinity": lexically-scoped variables and bytecode blocks

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:27:26 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
wrote:

> Lexically-scoped variables are completely incompatible with the current
> execution model of LiveCode Script.  If you changed it, it would be from
> many perspectives a different language.

So are things such as strict compilation, case dependency, and the like
(which I think should be defaults, but . . .).

I do see lexical scope, named control structures, and the availability of
strong typing as absolutely critical for the longterm (even to the level of
being a a go/nogo issue).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462