Has anyone got to the end of the BMI Calculator example?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 10:57:37 EDT 2016

I’m still trying to get a handle on LC8, and I now have LC 8.0.1 on my Mac, which AFAIK is the latest stable release. But I still can’t get the BMI Calculator example to work all the way through - the guidance has abandoned me at the first field, and the ‘fast forward’ arrow doesn’t do anything.

Has anyone got to the end, and if so, how did they do it? I know I am very much behind compared to all you LC 8 aficionados, but I am not yet convinced that I really understand what a widget is, so I need to see a whole working example to understand how widgets have changed the LC that I have been using for so many years.

Can anyone help, or maybe suggest an alternative practical learning strategy - or shall I just tinker around until the fog clears?

TIA

Graham