Fun (was Re: Cubist's first bug report)

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Jun 6 00:35:42 EDT 2016

> On 6 Jun 2016, at 12:47 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
>
> Turns out an additional note was needed to cover "any".

I am less concerned about the quirky behavior of any and random chunks considering it is easy to work around it than I am about the re-evaluation of the chunk expression which could be quite costly on large variables. If we can avoid that we should but it would also be nice to avoid doing two evaluations on something like this:

    put myFunction(item 3 of myVar) into item 3 of myVar

It would be more complicated though because you would need to compare the expressions in a statement and quite possibly slow down everything else in order to speed up the one use case.

Cheers

Monte