[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 DP-3

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Jul 31 17:04:48 EDT 2016

> Am 31.07.2016 um 05:37 schrieb Charles Warwick <charles at techstrategies.com.au>:
>
> Yes, FTPS is supported by the external, though you have to use the tsNet commands directly, rather than the standard libUrl calls.
>
> For explicit FTPS transfers, you can do something like this:
>
> local tEmptyHeaderVar, tData, tResultHeaders, tSettings
> put true into tSettings["use_ssl"]
> put "some data to upload" into tData
> put tsNetUploadSync("ftp://ftp.domain.com/path/to/file.dat", tEmptyHeaderVar, tData, tResultHeaders, tSettings) into tResult

 Charles,

thanks for your script although it  did not work. ;)
But it put me in the right direction.

I had to modify the  put tsNetUploadSync…..   line as follows to get it working

put tsNetUploadSync("ftp://ftp.domain.com/path/to/file.dat", tEmptyHeaderVar, tData, tResultHeaders, tBytes, tSettings) into tResult

(the bytes variable tBytes was missing)

Without that modification i always got the error "tsneterr: (28) Timeout was reached”.

Your external is really awesome. I never thought that Livecode will support FTPES or FTPS in the near future.
Now with FTPES i am able to connect to HostM ftp servers again.
The provider HostM only supports FTPES (FTP with TLS/SSL) for the FTP sub accounts.

Regards,

Matthias Rebbe