LCB

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 30 15:42:55 EDT 2016

I agree with Mike, this hard going for me. I don't know any other
language besides xtalk, in which I am fluent. Declaring variable types
is foreign, to me a "list" is a sequence of delimited text, I don't know
what "block scoped" or "passing handlers as values" means. I'll reserve
judgement on "easier to test"; my experience so far is that error
messages are opaque and vague, but that may be because I was testing in
the wrong LC version.

I think my inexperience makes me the ideal candidate for testing the
lessons, but I could write a LCS library in a fraction of the time it
would take me to write something in LCB. I will probably learn it but it
will be a long journey. The "eureka" moments are rewarding though.

People who are coming to LC from other languages would likely share
Peter's view.