[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 DP-3

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Jul 30 04:38:39 EDT 2016

> On 29 Jul 2016, at 10:53 PM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
>

> On 29/07/2016 17:14, panagiotis merakos wrote:
>> Dear list members,
>> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.0-dp-3, a
>> development preview of LiveCode 8.1.
>
>> tsNet external
>> --------------
>> LiveCode Indy and Business Editions now include the Tech Strategies tsNet
>> external!
>> * Faster than libURL (like, way faster... WAY FASTER)
>> * Multiple simultaneous asynchronous requests to the same server
>> * SFTP, SMTP, and SMTPS support (synchronous in Indy, async in Business)
>> * SFTP key-based authentication (Business-only)
>> * Seamless integration
>>

> What is tsNet ?

A curl external we have licensed from Tech Strategies

> Does it just happen ?

Yes

> Or do I need to do something to use it ?
>   If so, what ?

No, you don’t need to do anything unless you are explicitly selecting inclusions during the standalone build. Then if you don’t have the internet library (libURL) included you need to include it as an extra inclusion. tsNet is resolved as a dependency of libURL. At the moment we don’t have a facility for turning tsNet off in the event you want to use libURL (not really sure why you would want that but I guess it’s possible). You can turn tsNet off if you want to with `dispatch “revUnloadLibrary" to stack “tsNetLibURL”`

> Where is it documented ?

In the documentation stack.

Cheers

Monte