A DataGrid is not a spreadsheet

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Jul 29 15:57:01 EDT 2016

On 7/28/2016 10:24 PM, Javier Miranda V. wrote:
> Dear friends, is it safe to say that a data grid is not a spreadsheet? I mean, you can not create a new data grid and then just click in a empty cell and enter data.
>
> With some practice and reading documentation, I am able to populate a datagrid with data from a database, and using a Table field in situation in which the user must fill-in data seems limited.

Yes, a Datagrid can be used much like a Spreadsheet. If you create a new
data grid on a card, you need to bring up the property inspector and add
some columns ay 5 columns) and add some blank rows (say 10 cr's (i.e. 10
blank lines))  to the content property. If you then close the property
inspector and select the run tool, you can click in any cell of the 10r
x 5c spreadsheet you made and enter data.

You can fetch the data as tab and return delimited text by getting the
dgText propert of the group that is the datagrid OR as an array by
getting the dgData property.

You do need to add some external controls to add rows and column OR sort
of like excel, you could prepopulate it with 65535 blank rows and 676
columns (A - ZZ) and trim off the blank columns and row on the right and
bottom when you want to fetch the data.