[ANN] Release 8.0.2 RC-4

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 29 09:48:56 EDT 2016

panagiotis merakos wrote:

 > We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0.2 RC-4.

I very much appreciate the frequent releases of the 8.0 series, but at
the same time I really prefer to spend most of my development time with
a version that keeps me testing new features, currently 8.1.

In some respects it may appear to others as it does to me that
maintaining two separate build series, 8.0 and 8.1, is only a very minor
improvement over the expense of maintaining 7.x with 8.x.

With the conference just days away I'd understand if you don't have time
for this right now, but when you do it might be helpful to get a brief
overview of the development process which helps us better understand the
purpose of continuing 8.0 while 8.1 is in development, and to know if
there's anything we can do to help see 8.1 builds more frequently so we
can continue testing the new features without running into the ones
already fixed in the 8.0 series.

Thanks for considering this -

--
  Richard Gaskin