Wildcard Livecode 8

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:46:04 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which tells me nothing useful whatsoever; such as what the wildcard
> character might be, or how to
>
> use wildcards in Livecode.

Lookup the online Dictionary for 'filter', it's in the 'command'
folder. I think it is the only one that has it's own set of wildcard
characters.

Most other functions that use wildcards (ie matchText, replaceText)
are those that require regex. LC uses PCRE so you can check that out
here:

https://regex101.com/#pcre

Down in the bottom right corner is a 'Quick Reference', and 'most used
tokens' is likely selected so you can see that:

. = any character (a true wild card)
\d = any digit
\w = any word character etc etc