ANN: PowerDebug 2.0

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Jul 26 01:46:03 EDT 2016

I have released a new version of PowerDebug.

PowerDebug completely supports LC8 and is backwards-compatible to at
least version 4.x.
Debugging of standalone applications is still supported on the same
computer, cross-platform on multiple computers, and on different
computers in the same local subnet.

http://powerdebug.ahsoftware.net
http://ahsoftware.net/PowerTools/BuyPowerDebug.lc

The biggest new change here is the support for tracepoints as well as
breakpoints:

Adding a #trace comment to a breakpoint command will capture the current
environment and keep going, allowing you to walk through the breakpoint
history of your application.

breakpoint #trace

Note that this does not replace the existing breakpoint command: this is
an addition to previous functionality.

Also, the LC8 menubar has a new filename, so a minor change was
necessary to bring up the configuration panel when PowerDebug is
selected from the Development|Plugins menu.

****

For current users (I've gotten some bounced emails, so if you didn't get
an update email from me, read on)

Note that the username and password have changed for the new version.
The url remains the same, but you'll need the new information to
download the new version. And as usual, your registration will never
expire, so you have access to the latest versions.

NOTE: even if you have a beta version of 2.0 you should download the
most recent version. That's the only one guaranteed to have all the
latest patches.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com