Dismiss Browser Widget on Mobile

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Jul 24 15:51:08 EDT 2016

a) create card 1… call it TOC or whatever
b) put one button, Go to Card 2
c) create card 2 with a browser widget with a preset URL
d) top of screen, have a button for "go to card 1"
e) go to card 2.. Widget runs the web page, lovely..
f) click the button to go to cd 1

Results
   -- on desktop: you simply move to card 1, card 2 plus browser widget "disappear" as expected.
  -- on iOS, you move to card 1.. the browser window persists on top of card 1, I think this may happen on android as well.

I believe this relates to mobile controls establishing a "region" that floats over the stack. In the case of scrollers, one is advised to explicitly delete the scroller as you move to other views.

But in the dictionary, the API for the browser does not offer command to "dismiss" the browser widget.

Any clues? short of deleting it on the fly and creating it on the fly? like we do with scrollers?

meanwhile my next test is to see if you make it in an independents stack and close the stack… see if it then goes away…

but this is a nuisance… and also doesn't cover other use cases where, for example you might want to, say on card 4 of a stack, use 1/3 of the bottom of the card for a browser window that is integrated into the UI design. When you move to cd 2 or cd 5 in that stack we really need the browser to go away.

BR