Licensing AGAIN [was: Sharing FontLab Plugin]

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Sun Jul 24 12:30:36 EDT 2016

If that were the case Apple and Microsoft would own
everything used on their code and OS.

The bigger issues is can the community version be
used to compile a project like the the commercial
version and the answer is yes it can plus others are
allowed to use the code they purchased to run a
business similar to Livecode and charge like them
or give it away.

The standards of what can be done with the code
purchased are being set by example of Livecode
and how they uses the same code.

If they fight this in court and lose then it is possible
the ruling will say nobody is allowed to compile the
code or charge a license fee and that could result
in everyone being refunded their license fee.

John Balgenorth