Initializing Libraries

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jul 23 17:04:45 EDT 2016

I'm still struggling with the initialization of text only stacks/libs into the message path

A few questions.

1) if the extension of the text only stack is ".livecode" then you can boot that into the IDE or use GO or "start using"

but if you use ".livecodescript" as the extension. then you can't actually open it in the IDE by double clicking.

I not that the livecode IDE uses ".livecodescript" for behaviors

is there a best practices concept here that may help us?  What has the team discovered and "why"

2)

we are doing stuff like this now… I think this maybe  creating problems, the thought was, the "someTextOnlyStack.livecode" should be brought into ram by "Go" and only then can you insert it into the back or frontscript. From my review of the RevIDE stacks… I think this may be a misconception… OTOH: this does open those stacks in the IDE if you like to edit there…

private command _initializeDependencies

lock screen

// load libraries

repeat for each key x in sConfigA["libraries"]

put sConfigA["libraries"][x] into tLibrary

logInfo"Loading library" && tLibrary

start using (getPathForSharedLibraries() & tLibrary)

end repeat

// load behavior stacks

// be aware that those stacks are just loaded but not applied.

repeat for each key x in sConfigA["behaviors"]

put sConfigA["behaviors"][x] into tStackPath

put token -1 of tStackPath into tStackName

replace ".livecode" with empty in tStackName

logInfo"Loading behavior" && tStackPath

go stack (getPathForSharedLibraries() & tStackPath)

end repeat

// load backscripts

repeat for each key x in sConfigA["backscripts"]

put sConfigA["backscripts"][x] into tStackPath

put token -1 of tStackPath into tStackName

replace ".livecode" with empty in tStackName

logInfo"Loading backscript" && tStackPath

go stack (getPathForSharedLibraries() & tStackPath)

insert the script of stack tStackName into back

end repeat

// load frontscripts

repeat for each key x in sConfigA["frontscripts"]

put sConfigA["frontscripts"][x] into tStackPath

put token -1 of tStackPath into tStackName

replace ".livecode" with empty in tStackName

logInfo"Loading frontscript" && tStackPath

go stack (getPathForSharedLibraries() & tStackPath)

insert the script of stack tStackName into front

end repeat

end _initializeDependencies