Understanding the ScriptExecution Error List

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 23 16:33:08 EDT 2016

On 7/23/2016 10:01 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> so on hunch based on this statement, since "the
> scriptExecutionErrors" was not a property of this stack, I thought
> "hmmm must be an IDE global prop" and ran in the msg box
>
> Yes! there was the errorsList, copy and paste to a custom prop in our
> loader stack and good to go.
>
> Now: question: Some lines are blank… is it mission critical that
> those empty lines be retained if we want to use that list in our own
> stacks? I assume not because use of LineOffset doesn't really care…
> but I thought to check
>
> Any other caveats on the use of this list. How is the IDE setting a
> global property like this?  One expects to see "the
> scriptExecutionError of [some object]"

Good catch, this change also breaks the Error Lookup stack that Richard
and I made some time ago. I'm not sure when the scriptExecutionErrors
was implemented, but it is also there in LC 7.x so apparently it's been
around for a while.

My guess is that it's an undocumented function in the engine. I'll
update our lookup stack to use it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com