Find & Replace

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 23 14:40:57 EDT 2016

What I'm getting at is that generally you shouldn't need to do any unicode
conversions at all anymore. So it would help to know how you are using the
command and in what context. There isn't a need to specify unicode text,
you can just treat everything the way we use plain ASCII.

So, what does the script do? Does the field already contain text? Is it
generating new text? The script editor supports unicode so you can just
type the actual characters into the script if that's what you need to do.

If this is for Devawriter,  you should be able to name the keyboard keys
with their unicode character and then insert text with a single line of code:

put the short name of me into the selection

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com