"after after" for behaviors?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 14:05:09 EDT 2016

I am trying to implement a generalized behavior that triggers after the
entire execution path, rather than after the immediate script, but before
the next script in the path.

Actually, having control return to a handler after "pass someHandler" would
also solve my issues.

A control might be clicked on, or text entered in a field, and so forth,
that triggers handlers that set values and dependent values.

I would like a group that owns such controls to be able to take actions
*after* all such calculations.

So if someone enters "foo" in field "bar", the closeField handler currently
figures out what to do with that value, and anything that depends.
Similarly if I click on my custom checkboxes, the mouse handler does
similar calculations.

I want another handler to run *after* all such things--but if I have an
"after closeField" in the behavior, it simply runs after closeField, but
before closeFIeld gets passed.  And as near as I can tell, even without a
closeField handler for the object or group, the after closeField still gets
called prior to working its way up.

Is there a solution other than what would be ugly hacks at the end of my
closeField and mouseUp handlers?   (they would be ugly because it would be
properties of the group that need to be accessed, and the control could be
a child, grandchild, etc. of the actual group [which is why I want the
behavior to belong to the group]).

The "least ugly" idea I have so far is something like concluding the
universal closeField with "send aftrClsFld to the target"
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462