Licensing AGAIN [was: Sharing FontLab Plugin]

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Fri Jul 22 23:46:36 EDT 2016

I don’t know what is legal for sure but it seems to
me once the code was sold and then Livecode
made a commercial product using the code it
opens the door for others to use the code in a
similar fashion as Livecode since the sold the
code and the similar rights went with it.

What compiled code is allowed in a open
source project now?  Live code does not
go out of the way to help people add any
externals but they are allowed and Apple
could easily add certain parts as externals
and comply with the open source license.

Apple also had hyperCard and using code
that is similar would be legal.  Whatever
path they take Apple needs to simplify the
xCode interface.

John Balgenorth