Licensing AGAIN [was: Sharing FontLab Plugin]

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Jul 22 11:53:02 EDT 2016

Hi Mark,

Like I said, LC should consider creating their own license then.

After this little debate, I will never touch any GPL license ever
in the future.  In fact, I now consider the community version
of LC to be worthless.  I’ve always had an indy type license of
LC which I’m fine with.  I’m just now totally disappointed that
I can’t even suggest the community version to my friends to
try out since they wouldn’t be able to use any code generated
by it to be used in a later commercial product after they have
purchased an indy or business license.  What a waste.

I supported both the community version and the html5
kick starters.  I’m now very sorry to have supported them
as neither one has fulfilled what I felt were their intended
goals.  They are both useless to my friends, and for the
many others who wanted to make use of them.

Rick