[ANN] Updates to LiveCode's platform support policy

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:08:18 EDT 2016

A couple of comments about the OS X entry:

1. The description is unnecessarily political. Under linux you take the time to explain the support for several different version of Linux, all of which added together are not as popular as Mac OS. Under OS X you’re almost apologizing for taking away support time for other platforms.

http://9to5mac.com/2016/03/18/os-x-versus-linux-developers/ <http://9to5mac.com/2016/03/18/os-x-versus-linux-developers/>

2. It could be worth changing the title to OS X / macOS, and including version 10.12 in the list. I know that it’s not released, but it is in public beta, and I’m pretty sure you intend to support it. LiveCode seems to be running well in 10.12.

As far as I can tell LiveCode apps run under iOS 10 ok too, which again is not released, but would there be any harm in stating now that you intend to support it?