paypal encrypted buttons using lc

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:36:42 EDT 2016

Yeah, I won't be generating the key through their site, it will be done by
me on a system controlled by me. (I've been playing with a droplet on
digitial ocean to try things out) I will probably end up with a virtual
linux box on my local machine.  As for sending a cert, no I don't believe
that is necessary.  Once the encryption is done its just a chunk of data
embedded in a regular paypal add to cart form. (exactly as can be generated
on the paypal site with their button builder.)  I will also likely store my
own buttons, pre-generated/encrypted.rather than generating them each page
show.

It did finally click with me that it is just a shell (exec) call to openssl
to generate the encrypted part of the button data, so i'm pretty sure I can
handle it now.

Essentially I hope to end up with an easy way for my friend to get buttons
set up, store them in a database and dynamically generate pages. Meeting
with them tomorrow to work through their paypal settings and discuss
options for getting this done.

Thanks for all the input.  Things are finally starting to gestalt.