Sharing Stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 16 11:15:26 EDT 2016

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > [-hh] <hh at ...> writes:
 >
 >> zipContainer is a "utility"-stack (I uploaded yesterday) that
 >> sets a zip as property of a stack, for uploading as stack.
 >
 > Ah. OK - got it. That's clever.
 > As an enhancement request, how about the ability to display
 > text or README.md files before unzipping?

A while back I started work on a pair of functions that use a stack file
as a container for files compressed using LC's built-in gzip, storing
things in a property set rather than a single property since of course
gzip only handles single files.  The advantage over Zip is minor, merely
eliminating the need for an external.  But it was simple enough that it
seemed a good idea at the time.

I got sidetracked while I was working on it and haven't been able to
justify finishing it because I had no immediate use case for it and it
didn't seem the sort of thing others would need.

But if others would find it useful I could finish it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems