Detect Return From Mobile Keyboard Without Native Field?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jul 14 15:19:00 EDT 2016

Thanks for checking Richard. How did you do your test?

Using a Nexus 5X here, so recent hardware.  I place a standard LiveCode
field a card (nothing native), and in the card script:

on returnInField
   answer millisecs()
end returnInField

When I press characters on the mobile keyboard, they appear in the field,
but when I press return, the cursor moves in the field but nothing else
happens.  The result is the same in both LC 7.1.4 and 8.0.1.  I must be
missing something?

To answer your question, focus has always been an issue for me on Android.
 I need to track characters and jump between multiple fields of a long
registration key, which works as expected on iOS but unfortunately not on
Android.  The use of standard LC fields is a workaround.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 7/14/16, 7:13 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Richard Gaskin"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of