[ANN] Sharing FontLab Plugin

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 14 13:45:11 EDT 2016

Roger Guay wrote:

 > Richard,
 >
 > Please help me out here. I just want to share my work without
 > restrictions. I don’t have the patience to review, and I certainly
 > will not be able to commit to memory these license nuances.

Gosh, Roger, there's only a hundred or so open source licenses to choose
from - are you lazy? :)

The options are indeed broad, ranging from GPL to WTFPL (which reads as
one might imagine from its acronym <g>), and a good many in between
(AGPL, Apache, BSD, and others).

A popular choice of permissive license that's both GPL-compatible and
works equally well for proprietary use is the MIT License, which FWIW
Scott Raney had chosen for the MC IDE.

A discussion of it with its full text is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

In short, it retains your copyright and provides disclaimer of
liability, but presents no restrictions on use.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems