setting the hilited item of a navBar widget

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Wed Jul 13 06:11:44 EDT 2016

 I’m trying to hook all my navBars widgets to a single behavior script (rather than putting them in a group set to behave like a background.)  When setting the hilitedItem of a navBar widget inside a “hiliteChanged” handler it triggers another “hiliteChanged” message. This makes sense but I would like to keep it from happening. This message isn’t in the pendingMessages and Lock Messages doesn’t seem to work for this.

on hiliteChanged
    set the hilitedItem of widget “fooBar” to tHilitedItemNum — triggers another “hiliteChanged” message
end hiliteChanged

I can work around this but was wondering if I was just missing something obvious or using the widget incorrectly (Sort of like when I wasn’t holding my iPhone the right way.)

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/