Unicode character recognition by drawing

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:51:43 EDT 2016

That's a clever piece of work.

I threw: Ж , ѭ, ह and छ at it, and the only one it got wrong was the
last [Devanagari 'ccha']; pretty good

(well, better than Meatloaf in "Two out of three ain't bad.");
unfortunately as my non-Latin writing systems are
limited to about 6 (Old Cyrillic, Glagolitic, Hebrew, Devanagari,
Grantha, Greek) I cannot remark how the thing
might do with, say, either Chinese characters or Japanese Kanji, but I
doubt it would do as well.

Let's hope somebody who knows those systems "has a go" and reverts here.

But, clever or not, one wonders what ultimate value that has embedded in
a webpage.

Of course, if one could "winkle the thing out" and fold it into a
Livecode stack I'd be the first one to
be having "spontaneous cough, cough, coughs" as I'm fairly bonkers about
kinky writing systems.

Thanks, Mark; that cheered me up after a rather "non" day!

Richmond.