Getting 32-bit Livecode running on 64-bit Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 12 12:53:09 EDT 2016

Richmond wrote:

 > On 12.07.2016 19:22, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Richmond wrote:
 >> > The multiarch stuff does not seem to allow that with
 >> > (x,l,z,q,w,j,h)ubuntu 16.04.
 >>
 >> Multiarch is a mess.  In addition to LC, Google Earth and others
 >> suffer horribly under it.
 >>
 >> If your system is 64-bit why not use the 64-bit build of LC?
 >>

 > Because the dictionary does not work.

Seems better to fix 64-bit than to try to fix an odd and
soon-to-be-obsolete mish-mash of CPU architectures.

Is there a bug report for this?  I don't have Xubuntu set up here, but I
do run Ubuntu and Lubuntu so maybe I can help pin down what's happening
with that 64-bit version.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems