Application Transport Security deadline for iOS apps

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:29:16 EDT 2016

I needed to use WKWebView not long ago, and started by making a native app test. As far as I could tell Xcode still uses UIWebView for Objective-C projects. I did find a Swift test project, and was able to prove how great WKWebView is.

WKWebView requires iOS 8 or later, I think LiveCode still supports further back, doesn’t it? Also, do iOS widgets use Objective-C rather than Swift?

So, there are a couple of reasons to think that LiveCode is using UIWebView, but hopefully I’m wrong about that.

WKWebView performs a lot better, and also solves a couple of security related sound issues, that cannot be worked around using UIWebView.