Application Transport Security deadline for iOS apps

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Jul 11 17:40:43 EDT 2016

On 7/11/2016 5:21 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> The browser widget will be blank.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 12 Jul 2016, at 6:55 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder what happens if your app allows general browsing with, say, a browser widget?

And this is why I think what Apple is doing - regardless of the security
benefits - is wrong. Someone tell their friend with the latest iPhone,
"check out www.mysite.org" and their friend enters it in their iPhone
browser and ... nothing ... because the site is not HTTPS. The folks
here can say the site should be HTTPS for many good reasons, but the
reality is that for many small legitimate content providers, Apple will
forcible close off a large population (iPhone users) for being able to
access their sites. This is a disservice to iPhone users and to those
small content providers.

Of course I also realize that my ranting about on this list in is not
way going to effect any sort of change by Apple.