Progress on WP REST API

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 01:22:30 EDT 2016

Here are two plugins that will allow WP to become a customizable DB server
with little to no DB experience. Perfect for LC students and people who
want to get a DB setup online, but don't have the experience or know-how.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/acf-to-rest-api/

but also, I have found many Custom Post Type Plugins:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/types/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/pods/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-maker/

We can look to adding this to the LiveCode WP Rest API library. I get
emails and I see some post of people asking how to setup a customized web
data server. These would do the trick. Plus most are open source and FREE,
but a few have a more feature rich commercial version.

We would like to focus on creating a sample App in LiveCode that utilized
WooCommerce. I think it is important to have several different example Apps
before we start to pitch to the WP community at large...any ideas????

Any other questions [please let me know. I have had about 2 dozen people
email with questions and express interest in integrating WP with LiveCode.

--Todd