[HC] USB Devices

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jul 6 18:15:30 EDT 2016

I'm not sure I understand the relevant conundrum.

If a device meets certain standards, then a standard device driver (probably included in the OS) will translate something at the device to standard events at the computer.

If some features are nonstandard, then a specialized driver is needed.

Sometimes a more general driver can be used.  This still needs user code that groks the general interface.  I expect we will see some connections to general drivers for LiveCode in the near future.  These might be useful to the few who are willing to dive into the more general standards.

However, for specific things such as keyboards that have some nonstandard features, it seems to me the best thing is to simply install the driver for the device.  If that driver converts (say) pressing a foot pedal press to keyboard codes, then use the key events.

So, the best I can tell from your email, this is not really a LiveCode issue.  LiveCode lives in an OS.

You seem to say drivers are available.  Just install them.

Dar