Front and Back Scripts on Mobile

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 6 15:38:41 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Richard wrote:
 > That doesn't seem as much a documentation error as a Standalone
 > Builder bug. Have you reported it?
 >
 > This seems to "elementary" that I could not imagine the team would
 > not see this before release.

There are some regressions that mystify me too.

 > So I assumed it was by design.

Sometimes design decisions merit reconsideration (see File -> New Stack).

 > Plus I was recently scolded off list for reporting bugs that were
 > actually my ignorance.  (even though in fact 75% of my reports are
 > legit bugs) So now I'm a bit gun shy about reporting bugs until I
 > flog it to death on this list first.

Perhaps it's the tone during the flogging that the team found tiresome.

Yours aren't nearly as bad as some of the stuff I see here and in the
forums, where it's as though the Internet somehow precludes basic good
manners, writing with a tone that appears to presume the team is either
stupid, lazy, or both.  It's exhausting to read such things, and more
than a bit demotivating.

Courteous results-focused professionalism goes a long way.

I've submitted a few bugs which were later explained as unnecessary, but
since I try to be respectful when communicating they return the favor.

Good manners are the lubricant of teamwork.

 > I assume you feel that we should be able add stack files on  mobile…
 > so, I will report it.

I see no reason why it should be prevented.  If there is a reason
they'll close it with an explanation.  If there's any heat feel free to
mention that report was my suggestion.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems