somewhat OT, funny (was Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.0 DP 2)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jul 6 14:20:02 EDT 2016

Something like this actually happened to a friend of mine and the programmer's solution worked, though she had to apply it several times as the car kept stalling.

She was able to get the car back to the mechanic, who apologized and said that he had had to set the car's computer back to factory settings in fixing the previous problems but there is a bug in factory default and it sets fuel levels too low after a few minutes.  That computer is reset by disconnecting the battery or by locking the car (or sending an encrypted reset code), so by getting out and locking the car she had a few more minutes.  He had neglected to take the next step and felt silly.  The mechanic did something with the computer (applied updates? set elevation?) and the problem was fixed.  She was happy.