Single Common Group Across Multiple Stacks

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Jul 3 23:29:46 EDT 2016

Architecture Challenge (for me a least)

Framework set up,
where these are independent binary stacks…
not substacks of a mainstack.

/source-package

     Loader.livecode

     # sets up back script with common functions
   # reads json files for configurations settings
    # then opens "home.livecode" to start the app.

    home.livecode
    module1.livecode
    module2.livecode
    module3.livecode

GOAL: have a object/group (think navigation bar at the bottom of the screen or some other elements you may want to be common across all the stacks….) that can be displayed  in all the stacks.

For button icons… one can reserve a range of 4000-4500 in the loader.livecode stack then add images in the loader stack.. and you can later set the icon of any button in all the other stacks to e.g. 4032 and the icon appears-- assuming you never close the loader stack: tested.. .this works and on mobile also.

So…is there  a way to similarly instantiate the presence of a one-only group across multiple stacks?  I think I'm asking for the moon, but I've asked for the moon before and sometimes a wizard on this list actually sends us the moon.

BR