Controls on mobile apps - am I missing something?

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Jul 1 15:03:16 EDT 2016

> On 1 Jul 2016, at 17:28, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> Buttons are already quite good on macOS, as are fields, tabs, progress bars, and most others.

I agree but there a subtle display errors.

The button and popup button/menu. To me the text seems a little low within the display.

There were problems with the tab control but the text display of this has now improved.

I am not obsessed with native controls but it is brought to your attention when the copies within LiveCode do not stand up to close scrutiny.

For me, a poor imitation of a native control impacts on how LiveCode is viewed in the wider world.

With regard to the DataGrid the normal highlighted text within a NSTableView is normally white on a coloured background.
You can implement this within a DataGrid but if you are trying to emulate MacOS you will be disappointed with the result.
The text will look a little blurred.

As a matter of interest the text display generally in LiveCode is not as sharp/clear as a native Cocoa app.
What system does LiveCode use to present text. If it uses the

All the best

Terry