Controls on mobile apps - am I missing something?

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Jul 1 05:49:06 EDT 2016

> On 1 Jul 2016, at 09:13, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> On 2016-07-01 00:38, Terence Heaford wrote:
>> Perhaps LiveCode should spend time incorporating the native controls
>> for each platform.
>
> Hence:
>
>   - widgets
>
>   - https://livecode.com/project/infinite-livecode/
>
>   - https://livecode.com/project/infinite-livecode-native-field-object/
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

I think I understand, a native field for iOS (plus other mobile platforms) is a stretch goal.

So with regard to Mac OS if we/I want native controls for:

Buttons,
Fields,
Tabs,
DataGrid (NSTable)
etc.

I will have to roll my own in LCB (when available for this) or wait for LiveCode to require to do it via a stretch goal?

To me the publicity surrounding LCB seems and discussions suggest that 3rd parties are more likely to produce widgets for specific purposes
rather than native controls and it will be left to LiveCode to produce native controls via stretch goals.

I fear a long wait(perhaps years) before the availability of native controls?

All the best

Terry